A substantial upgrade has been released to Red Giant’s “Magic Bullet” suite of products including Looks, Colorista, Mojo and Cosmo as well as a new piece of software, dubbed “Film”.
The full list is:
- Magic Bullet Looks 3.0 (NEW)
- Magic Bullet Colorista III (NEW)
- Magic Bullet Film (NEW)
- Magic Bullet Mojo 2.0 (NEW)
- Magic Bullet Cosmo 2.0 (NEW)
- Denoiser II
- LUT Buddy
Upgrade pricing from a previous version of the suite is listed as $199 USD; for a new user it’s $799 USD; it’s available for Mac and PC but the precise details of what works with which application (such as Premiere etc) depends on your application.
We wouldn’t normally copy and paste a press release but in this instance we’re making an exception because it’s basically a list of what you get for what money, so here goes:
MAGIC BULLET LOOKS 3.0:
- New Preset Library: 198 new Looks presets, based on TV and Film
- Updated UI with enhancements to Workflow and Custom Looks management
- Users can now rename/reorganise Custom Looks within the UI.
- Tools can be “Pinned” to the tool chain so that they stay on the toolchain when selecting new looks.
- Keyboard shortcuts have been added to lock the Looks and Tool Drawers open.
- 9 New Tools including:
- ColorSpace: Use this tool to identify what kind of footage you are using. For best results, place this Tool first in the Tool Chain.
- Colorista: A 3-way colour corrector, control over Hue, Saturation, and Luminance of individual colours, and a Curves control, all in one tool.
- 4-Way Colour: Ranged colour correction for for Shadows, Midtones, Highlights, along with a Master colour wheel that adjusts the whole image.
- Shadows/Highlights: Region-based control over the brightness of shadows and highlights. Especially useful for recovering highlight detail or adding fill light to shadows.
- Lens Vignette: Add or remove vignetting. Results mimic real-world lenses and you can reposition the centre of the vignette.
- Duotone: Tint Shadows and Highlights with the colours of your choice.
- Film Negative: Mimics the look of various film stocks. Best when used in conjunction with the Film Print tool found in the Post category. 22 Negative Film Stocks are included.
- Film Print: Mimics the effect of printing film to various projection film stocks. Best when used in conjunction with the Film Negative tool found in the Camera category. 4 Print
- Stocks are included.
- Mojo: Warms up skin tones while cooling the background. An easy way to get a customized “blockbuster” film look.
MAGIC BULLET COLORISTA III:
- Streamlined User Interface: A simpler experience that makes colour correction easier especially in the Adobe workflow.
- Open GL: Colorista III has been rebuilt from scratch and now runs on the GPU, making it faster.
- Highlights: Region-based control over the brightness of highlights. Especially useful for recovering highlight detail. Same as the tool in Looks.
- Shadows: Region-based control over the brightness of shadows. Useful for adding fill light to shadows.
- Vignette: Powered by Lens Vignette, this enables you to add vignetting to your image that mimics real-world lenses.
- Strength: Controls the overall strength of your effect.
- Host-Apps: Now Runs in FCPX and Motion in addition to Premiere Pro and After Effects
MAGIC BULLET FILM (New Product)
- Gives your footage the look of real motion picture film.
- Chemistry: Magic Bullet Film emulates the photochemical process from the original film negative to colour correction and the print stock.
- Stocks: Magic Bullet Film includes 22 Negative Stocks and 4 print stocks, giving you up to 88 combinations.
- Vintage/Modern: A slider to give your footage a vintage colour treatment or to bring the colours into a more modern grade.
- Measured film grain and a vignette tool.
MAGIC BULLET MOJO & COSMO
Both are now GPU accelerated.
Full – $99
Upgrade – $49
Academic – $49
Get the gen from Red Giant at www.redgiant.com/blog/2015/02/03/the-magic-is-back-introducing-magic-bullet-suite-12/
And here’s their video: