New voiceover mic from Audio Technica
Looks like Rode might have some competition on their hands in the USB voiceover mic department…
New from Audio Technica is this, the AT2020 USBI, a cardoid condenser microphone with USB and iOS compatibility.
The mic boasts 24-bit, 96kHz sampling – ooooh, lovely – and plus into both USB and Lightning cables. In other words, it works with PCs, Macs and i-things such as iPads and iPhones. The Lightning cable is even included in the box as is a USB cable and a tripod stand for desktop use.
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 – 20,000 Hz
- Power Requirements: USB (5V DC); Lightning (3.3V DC)
- Bit Depth: 24 bit
- Sample Rate: Up to 96 kHz
- Controls: Mic gain control
- Weight: 13.2 oz (374 g)
- Dimensions: 6.38″ (162.0 mm) long, 2.05″ (52.0 mm) maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: Micro-HDMI
We notice, alas, any spec about the noise levels or signal to noise ratio, so we’ll reserve judgement on how good it is until we’ve been able to test one. It’s retailing for £179 inc VAT / €239 inc VAT