Watch out, there’s an Assassin about
Atomos have released a new model of their camera-top external recorders and following their usual naming trend, this one’s suitably deadly – it’s the Assassin.
They say it’s “the only true 10-bit 4:2:2 professional recording solution for Apple, AVID & Adobe workflows” blah blah blah #PressRelease #yawn.
The upshot is a 10% weight reduction to 430g a price that includes a soft case, SSD caddy and AC Adaptor. The idea is that people using cameras such as the Sony a7s and a7RII, Canon XC-10 and Panasonic GH4 can bypass their compressed MPEG/h.264 recording, 4:2:0 colour compression and 30-minute time limits not to mention trying to monitor on a 3″ screen.
From the blurb, here are the key features:
• Record more accurate, higher resolution colours (4:2:2, 10-bit) direct to “visually lossless” editing formats.
• No Record time limits.
• Calibrated high resolution 7″ monitor with over 320 pixels per inch.
• Anamorphic de-squeeze for use with Panasonic’s GH4 and anamorphic lenses/adaptors.
• Monitoring tools including focus peaking assist, 1:1 & 2:1 zoom with image pan & scan, false colour, zebra and waveform/vector scopes.
• Cache recording up to 8 seconds of HD or 2-3 seconds of 4K
• Timelapse with up to 10 different sequences, speed ramp and scheduled start and end times over 24 hrs.
• 3D LUT’s with 50:50 split / LUT on / LUT off view, you can compare effects as you film.
The Ninja Assassin is available now with an MSRP of:
US: $ 1295 ex. TAX
EU: € 1295 ex. VAT
GBP: £ 899 ex. VAT
AUD: $ 1899 Inc. GST