Filmic Pro, the much loved video camera app for iOS, has now been released for Android devices.
It’s popular because of the degree of control the app gives filmmakers over exposure, focus, frame rate and many other controls deemed essential for anyone who doesn’t want to just point and shoot on auto.
This is not a free app – it’s around £8 GBP – but you can easily forgive the developers given the clear amount of work that’s gone into it. And let’s face it, a camcorder itself would set you back a hundred times as much.
It’s on Google Play at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.filmic.filmicpro
Here’s the spec list as stated by the developers:
- Standard, Manual and Hybrid shooting modes.
- Variable speed zoom
- Frame rates of 24, 25, 30 fps
- Slider with controls for live shooting adjustments
- Slow and fast motion FX options
- Adjust video settings after capture (Exposure, Contrast, Saturation, Tint, Color temperature)
- Customisable saved personal presets
- Aspect ratio framing guides
- Thirds guide for dynamic composition
- Optimised for Android 5.0 and later for devices that support Android Camera 2 API.
Full manual controls for temperature, tint, exposure, ISO, shutter speed, focus.
Up to a dozen different resolutions and aspect ratios including:
- Cinemascope (2.59:1)
- Super 35 (2.39:1)
- Letterbox (2.20:1)
- Super 16 (1.66:1)
- 16:9 (2K,1080,720, 540)
- 17:9 Digital Cinema Initiative (2K)
- 1:1 Square resolutions for Instagrammers
Multiple saving & sharing options:
- Google Drive
4 variable video encoding bitrates:
- FiLMiC Extreme (50mbps encoding at 1080p)
- FiLMiC Quality
- Apple Standard
- 44.1 or 48.0kHz sampling rates
- Audio metering
- Adjustable gain
- Headphone monitoring
- Stereo recording
Support for external microphone levels and audio input devices