Rode’s “My Rode Reel” contest has been running for three years now and attracts more interest each time. The company’s just announced the winners of the 2016 prize packages which pulled in 1200 entries from 85 countries.
On offer was over $300,000 USD worth of filming gear from a vast array of leading lights in the filmmaking industry and these talented souls split the loot:
- Young Filmmaker to William Royal (UK) for the film Serenity
- Female Filmmaker Larica Perera (Canada) for Tik-Tik
- BTS to Normandie Productions (USA) and their film DUE/AL
- People’s Choice went to Power Play by the Sketch Juice team (USA)
- Judges’ Film went to Jay Red (Ireland) and his gripping drama Streetlights
For the full prize info and to see the winning films, head to www.myrodereel.com